Hope for Peace in the Middle East
It is with great sadness and a hope for peace that we watch the violence and loss of life taking place in Israel and Gaza.
We know that there are many of our students, staff, and faculty who have family, connections, and ties to those regions and who are struggling with fear, anger, and uncertainty. For those in need, please reach out to your communities of support and know that the counseling center and faculty and staff support resources are available.
Let us operate with each other with empathy and compassion and live out the best of community values in this time of grief and sorrow.
Dr. Denise Isom
Interim Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion / Chief Diversity Officer
Resources for Students:
- Connect with your social circles and communities – such as family, classmates, department staff, campus offices, and/or faith communities – for support. This type of support can complement any help you might seek in other venues.
- Seek support at Counseling Services (Building 27) by calling 805-756-2511. Same day appointments are available for those in urgent need, or schedule a brief screening within a few days.
- If you need immediate assistance any time of day, call the Crisis Line at 805-756-2511.
- Need a counselor to come to your group to provide support and resources? Please call Counseling Services at 805-756-2511 and ask to speak with Andrea Lawson, director of Counseling Services. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions or concerns related to missing a class or other academic commitments, these should be addressed directly with your individual instructors.
- Assistance and support services are also available by contacting the Dean of Students Office at 805-756-0327 or email email@example.com.
Assistance for Campus Employees:
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential counseling services to all Cal Poly employees and their families. To speak with a counselor at any other time, please call their 24-hour support hotline at 800-367-7474. More information about EAP's confidential services is available at https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/worklife.asp.
- Click Here for: resources for Faculty and Staff from the CTLT about how to acknowledge and respond to distressing events.