Undocumented Student Working Group
The Undocumented Student Working Group at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo is comprised of faculty, staff, and administrators dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of undocumented students and creating institutional change. The work of the group is guided by the needs and experiences of undocumented students on campus, including students active with the on-campus student club Rising Immigrant Scholars through Education (RISE).
The role of the Undocumented Student Working Group is to:
- provide support, resources, and a network of allies for undocumented students
- educate the campus community about the needs of undocumented students
- facilitate professional development trainings for faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- inform the administration about how to meet the needs identified by undocumented students and the working group
- act as a liaison between undocumented students and campus community
- work with Cuesta College, Allan Hancock College, K-12 representatives, and other community advocates in the Central Coast Coalition for Undocumented Student Support (CCC-USS) to support undocumented students in the region
- seek financial resources to support undocumented students
For more information and to register for upcoming trainings, please visit https://undocu.calpoly.edu/ website that provides information and resources for current students, prospective students, families, faculty, and staff.
Individuals interested in joining the Undocumented Student Working Group should email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about upcoming meetings.
Training Curriculum & Evaluation:
Casey McCullough, Kari Mansanger & Jane Lehr
RISE Club Advisors:
Catherine Trujillo & Grace Yeh