Diversity & Inclusivity Trainings
The Office of University Diversity & Inclusivity (OUDI) is happy to provide campus climate related trainings. These trainings include a variety of topics including the following (They can also be customized to meet specific needs or concerns):
Inclusion Starts with Me at Cal Poly (20-30 minutes)
-Learn about resources, the diversity strategic plan, and how to get involved
Speak Up! Responding to Everyday Bias (1 hour)
- Participants will understand the impact of everyday bias, explore barriers to responding, and develop and practice ways to respond to everyday bias.
Unmasking Microaggressions (1 hour)
-Learn about microaggressions, what they are, how they harm, and how to stop them
For questions about or scheduling of a training for your department or group, please contact OUDI Program Director, Kari Mansager, at (805)756-7367 or email@example.com
Additional trainings related to diversity and inclusion are offered at Cal Poly, including:
- Gender & Sexuality (3 hours) addressing the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and pansexual (LGBTQQIAP) people and communities.
- Race & Ethnicity (3 hours) addressing the experiences of racialized individuals and communities. This series is two-part with a duration time of 1½ hours per session.
- Gender Empowerment Movement (2 hours) addressing the experiences of women and highlighting various feminist and mujerista movements
Undocumented Student Allyship Trainings (3 part series, 1-2 hours each)
- The Foundational Knowledge Training (Training 1) provides participants with knowledge on how to best support undocumented students in accordance with CA and federal law.
- The second installment will focus on Taking the Next Steps (Training 2) in supporting undocumented students within your respective office/department/program, and
- The third installment is focused on Becoming an Ally (Training 3) to this population of students and thinking about institutional change.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to request a training