Receive funding to support your next event!
We are offering a limited number of one-time grants for currently recognized student organizations that host events, or create programs and initiatives intended to improve campus climate. Grant awards will typically be $500 per approved applicant. This is a great opportunity for you and your fellow Mustangs to make a positive impact on our Cal Poly community by supporting diversity, equity and inclusion!
Click here to complete an online application by Friday, March 20, 2020.
In order to be eligible for funding, the event/program/initiative must address one of the four areas assessed by the CPX Survey:
- DEI Climate: Does the event/program/initiative address student concerns about discrimination based on race, sexual orientation, gender expression or age?
- Institutional Commitment to DEI: Is the event/program/initiative working toward improving Cal Poly’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion?
- Valued and Belonging: Does the event/program/initiative provide a space for students to feel valued, welcomed, respected and a sense of belonging at Cal Poly?
- SLO Climate: Does the event/program/initiative address student concerns about discrimination based on race, sexual orientation, gender expression or age within the San Luis Obispo community?
- Complete an online application for funding consideration by Friday, March 20, 2020.
- The contact person on the application will be notified by email if funding is awarded by early April.
funding requests will be carefully reviewed based on the information
provided in the application. Below are additional requirements to consider when
- Academic-related travel does not qualify, including travel for students to present papers or give presentations. We encourage students to approach their respective academic departments for these types of requests.
- Funding must be used solely for the purpose outlined in the submitted application.
- Funding must be used for purposes consistent with Campus Administrative Policies (if the event is hosted on campus).
- Awards are typically $500 per applicant.
- Funding is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If an event is sponsored by multiple recognized student organizations, only one recognized student organization may receive funds to pay for the event expenses.
- Submittal of an application does not guarantee funding will be awarded.
The following are examples of approved and not approved expenditures:
- Food for events
- Facilities rentals
- Approved promotional items and merchandise
- Guest speaker fees
- Conference fees
Not Approved Expenditures
Recognition of Financial Aid
Recognized student organizations are welcome to acknowledge the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the Office of the University Diversity and Inclusion as supporters of the event. Recognition guidelines are listed below:
- For promotions, merchandise and apparel: All graphics must adhere to university brand guidelines, as identified on the university marketing website, https://universitymarketing.calpoly.edu/. Clubs and departments must obtain pre-approval for their merchandise and apparel through the university trademark licensing process online.
- For written and verbal announcements of support: Awardees may use the following statements in their promotional materials and announcements: “This event is proudly supported by the Office of the University Diversity and Inclusion and Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs” or “Special thanks to the Office of Office of the University Diversity and Inclusion and Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs for their support of this event.”